Monday 14 January 2019

An Alice inspired box.




This is a gift box I made using  Grey board 750 microns and my craft studio cdrom A Very Important Date. I printed the papers off using a background and figures from the cdrom adding a shadow. After printing I sprayed with inkjet sealant spray and left them to dry thoroughly. The box is from a kit n kaboodle USB it is a tissue box with the insert removed from the lid and then I enlarged the pieces (all done in canvas). I used 4 layers of the 750 micron greyboard using pinflair bookbinding glue, a thin layer is all you need then once glued store under a weight (I used my e-bosser) so it dries nice and flat. after all pieces glued sand the edges ink them then add the printed papers. I did this by gluing a larger piece in place then once dry sand the edges away. once completed and dry I then commenced gluing the pieces together. once the box was complete I mod podged using matt mod podge.

No comments:

Post a Comment